Ways To Give
a legAcy for the future
Ways To Give
a Legacy for the future
Built on a tradition of compassion
Traditions enable us to honor the past, celebrate the present, and provide a legacy for the future. The traditions honored at St. Martin’s in the Pines enrich our lives, strengthen our connections to one another, and offer a foundation upon which to build our future.
The St. Martin’s Foundation supports both our residents and employees through a variety of charitable efforts described below. To make a tax-deductible gift in support of those efforts, you may donate from this website or through one of the options described below under Ways to Give.
The primary focus of the Foundation is to provide a safety net to residents who outlive their financial resources through grants from a restricted fund. Financial support is given to those living at St. Martin’s who, through no fault of their own, have outlived their financial resources. Benevolence through The Friend’s Fund enables these residents to continue living in the communities they have called home for many years.
We recognize that unexpected obstacles may arise in a person’s life resulting in a financial crisis. The Employee Benevolence Fund is restricted to providing financial assistance to eligible full and part-time associates who are experiencing financial hardship due to emergency situations beyond their control.
The St. Martin’s Foundation also receives gifts designated to fund life enrichment programs like music and art therapy, concerts and speakers, the Pastoral Care program, employee education scholarships, employee Christmas gifts, and non-budgeted improvements and enhancements to the St. Martin’s campus. To achieve these goals, the Foundation depends on continuing financial support from residents, their families, and friends of St. Martin’s. St. Martin’s is a loving and close-knit community where all share a responsibility for ensuring that all residents can confidently live out their quality-of-life dream.
Ways to give
- Mail your gift to St. Martin’s in the Pines, Development Department, 4941 Montevallo Road, Birmingham, AL 35210.
- Call us at 205.956.1831 to make your donation by phone.
- Volunteer your time. For more information, contact Volunteer Services at 205.314.4236.
Your tax-deductible gift to St. Martin’s in the Pines will assist us in helping those at our community when they need extra support.
For assistance with any of the following, please contact The Development Department at 205.956.1831.
- Gifts in memory or honor of a friend or loved one
- Gifts of appreciated stock
- Gifts from a Donor Advised Fund
- IRA charitable rollovers
- Bequests and trusts
- Charitable gift annuity or remainder trust
- Gifts of real estate or personal property
- Beneficiary gifts of life insurance or assets from a qualified retirement plan
- Entrance fee refunds
- Other planned gifts such as charitable lead trusts and assets from a qualified retirement plan