Evergreen is designed to promote the safety and well being of persons with early to late-stage Alzheimer’s Disease or related memory disorders. Residents live in a secure, nurturing setting and receive extra supervision and assistance with personal care needs. All medications are administered by a professional licensed nurse. Specialized individual and group activities are also provided to encourage mental and physical stimulation. The Evergreen team, which includes registered nurses, medical social workers, a consultant geriatric psychiatrist, certified nursing assistants, and caregivers, is specially trained in the needs and care of seniors afflicted with memory disorders.
Amenities & Services
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Private bath
- Utilities, including cable (excluding telephone)
- Emergency call system
- Wireless emergency pendants available
- 24-hour nursing staff
- Three well-balanced meals daily, including a variety of snacks
- Weekly housekeeping including furnished linens and towels
- Personal laundry service
- Medical transportation available on a fee-for-service basis
- Staff chaplain and pastoral counseling services
- Scheduled group transportation
- Secured access-control doors
- 24-hour security
- A wide range of daily activities supervised by an experienced Activities Director
More on Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is a disease caused by the progressive loss of intellectual functions. Doctors are not sure what triggers the onset of the disease, but there are three definite stages. Those with early stage Alzheimer’s Disease have mild memory concerns, but tend to still function well at home. People with middle stage Alzheimer’s Disease have difficulty caring for themselves and may experience behavioral and psychiatric episodes. Individuals with late stage Alzheimer’s Disease require complete care, which is available in our long term care. Throughout the disease process, the staff adapts to the needs of the resident as needed.
Schedule a Tour
Seeing is believing. Contact us to schedule a tour and to get more information on St. Martin's in the Pines. Fill out the form or call us at 205.314.4292.